Re: [DMCForum] Re: Vendors at DCS

Okay, this is my input to Ken about what I like & dislike
about shows.

Memphis:

Positives - Liked having all the cars parked together where
only DeLoreans were allowed to be parked.  Liked being next
to the hotel where we could go in and cool off in the
air-conditioning.  Liked having the vendor area and liked
having it in view of the parking area.

Negatives - Didn't like the beating sun.  Didn't like having
so many of us at a hotel several miles away.  Didn't like
talking over the music at the banquet.

Pigeon Forge:
Positives - Liked being in the shade (even if it was an
air-conditioned building ;-)  Liked being barefoot. :-)
Liked the food.  Fantastic vendor area -- wish it were in
same area as the cars.

Negatives - The music at the banquet interfered with table
discussion.  Maybe we could get radio earphones for people
who want to listen to it?  (But then I'm the type of person
who gets terribly distracted with canned laughter,
background music, artificial sound effects, etc in movies.)
Didn't like having cars separated.  I somehow felt that I
wasn't meeting all the people I wanted too -- even more so
than at Memphis.  Since I spent almost all my time inside, I
barely saw the people outside.  I had just got a sunburn the
day before, so I wasn't interested in adding to it.

In general, I had a fantastic time at both shows.  The
negatives are just petty things that I'm mentioning because
I know Ken likes input.  I plan to be at the next show (God
willing) and take plenty more photos.

BTW, I have a few hundred photos of the Pigeon Forge show
that I'll have online in a few more days.  HTML is not my
thing.

Walt

click here