[DMCForum] door adjustments... actually De Lorean related...

[DMCForum] door adjustments... actually De Lorean related...

Ok, so I was comparing cars today with another owner and have two questions.

1) How do you tell if your torsion bars are adjusted properly?  I have heard
you need to remove the strut, release the door, and it should rise on its
own about twelve to fourteen inches.  Is this true or is there a better way
to test?

2) Where the forward end of the torsion bar enters the door hinge on the
driver's side, should it fit perfectly?  I remember reading about someone
who stated their torsion bar looked like it was about to spin inside the
forward hinge.  If the torsion bar looks like it is slipping inside the
hinge, would the best thing be to replace that hinge or is something else
amiss?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

click here