Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

See Below

--- Eric Itzel <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This could go on forever, so to control this
> conversation this will be
> my only reply. You can have the last word.

Why, This is fun!
(evil laugh)

> I've numbered my responses to your responses.

To keep things short, I am only going to respond to
one point (I see there are 50 more messages to read on
the forum posted in the last few hours... See, I knew
this would get some action in here!).  I may not even
get to read all of them tonight!

<SNIP>

> 2. Each leader has their own strengths and
> weaknesses. Al Gore might
> have made a good president, but Bush was the right
> man to be at the helm
> for the event of September 11. I don't think Gore
> would've taken as much
> action against the terrorists, and the terrorists
> would not have let up
> on their "Jihad".

Pulling the topic back to the F9/11 movie, I firmly
believe that if Gore took the office he was elected to
that the events of 9/11 would NOT have taken place.

I have always thought (and more so now, after seeing
the movie) that Bush FAILED in his responsibility of
protecting us.  The data is clear that early in the
Bush administration that not only was Binladen
responsible for the attack on the USS Cole (The report
came in February 2001, which Bush did NOT retaliate
for), but they clearly were determine to attack inside
America.  They also knew there were terrorists in
flight training school.  No one in the Bush
administration took any action on this data.  Ashcroft
even said he did not want to hear about it.  Did
anyone else watch even a portion of the 9/11 hearings?
It was appalling that let the events unfold as they
did.  There was little room for doubt that an attack
was on the way.

The Clinton administration had weekly meetings on Al
Quada, and informed the Bush people about the threat.
Bush dropped the ball, and I doubt Gore would have.

<SNIP>