Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

This could go on forever, so to control this conversation this will be
my only reply. You can have the last word.

I've numbered my responses to your responses.

1. I hate this word, but to assume is human, and I'm assuming that since
Moore lives in a multi-million dollar place in NYC he's pocketing a good
share of his documentary's returns.

2. Each leader has their own strengths and weaknesses. Al Gore might
have made a good president, but Bush was the right man to be at the helm
for the event of September 11. I don't think Gore would've taken as much
action against the terrorists, and the terrorists would not have let up
on their "Jihad".

3. Public support- as it's already been posted today on the Forum, half
of the country didn't want this guy in office. He doesn't need public
support. I believe if he spun it right, he could have convinced everyone
that America's energy needs required Iraqi Oil for the coming days.
* I personally can't wait for the day when electrical, hydrogen, or
magnetic engines are available. My DeLorean is going to get a new
powerplant if that ever happens. Karl Benz's internal combustion engine
is obsolete by many years and it's time to move on to something better.*

4. Bush pulls the trigger. I respect that. If he's wrong, that's a
bummer. But at least he's not a pussy. On the moral issue, I wouldn't
give a hoot in hell for a man in power who does not take responsibilites
for his actions or mistakes- I certainly wouldn't want that man to
represent me to the world. This is my speculative opinion, but when all
the chips are counted, in the end it's evident that invading Iraq was a
bad idea, I believe Bush would agree, and honestly state that it was a
good idea at the time and the intentions were noble. I also find it
funny that since Bush has been in office the Democrats have been al

5. Religion.. Pick one. Zealots- they all have them. Christian, Islam,
Buddhist, Atheist. Everybody's right, everybody else is wrong. This is
nothing new in the world's eyes. Bush's cabinet is oil and big
business.. okay. I choose them over lesbians rights and welfare for all-
at least I can make a living working for them.

6. Voodoo Economics- nice label. My store (TSO Computers) feeds 3
people. Dell feeds a lot more. Logically, who get's more attention? I
agree the fatcats need to be watched, but they also crack a good nut for
the government and the country. Eventually we'll have a breakdown like
France back in 1789.

7. People are still today finding stuff out about Nixon's antics 30
years ago. Every president has their skeleton's, present one included.
It comes with the job. My point with the No Soldiers lied bit is the
name-calling and finger pointing going on against the other guy when
their guy did the same stuff. Double standard.

8. Lyndon Johnson had the power to blow North Vietnam straight to hell,
but he was too big of a sissy to pull the trigger. Another war that is
controversial- only that time a democrat started it. If we only have
2500 dead in Iraq, and we can turn a country around for that cost,
wouldn't that be a good thing? 69,000 American soldiers fell in Vietnam,
and for all intensive purposes we lost that war.

You can have the concluding words.. I enjoy conversation like this. It's
especially easy over email, where if you lose your train of thought you
just re-read the original message!

Take care

Eric