Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

This post is long.. someone made the mistake asking for my opinion :)

I agree with you Marc in regards to the first Amendment. I think it is
misused, though, for profit. If Moore was such an idealist or whatever
label you wanna give him, why didn't he do this movie for pennies on the
dollar or donate his money to the victims of September 11th fund? That
would earn the respect of all Americans, not just the democrats. Moore's
tone sounds like Thomas Paine (author of Common Sense, 1775). Paine was
trying to start a revolution. I believe Moore's out for a buck and
attention. To me, capitalism and idealism do not mix well. It is on the
same basis that I refuse to watch Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ".

Now, to answer your question about my opinion towards Bush. I like the
man. No, I don't always agree with his policies, but I like him. I like
how he stands by his word. If he says it, most likely he's gonna do it.
I do not agree with his method of invading Iraq. Historically, any time
a large country/empire invading a small country of different culture has
not worked out very well for the large country. I wish he would have
stated that one of the objectives of Iraq was to secure and safeguard
the oil. Everyone knows it, and if he actually said it openly in the
beginning, and worded it correctly, it would be hard for someone to
bitch about it. However, overall I believe he did the right thing.

I respect Bush for the same reasons that I would have voted for Teddy
Roosevelt. A country like the USA does not need a weak, wishy-washy
President. Bush also has a strong moral background. Putting his religion
aside, I highly doubt that there will be any talk of scandalous personal
behavior towards him. People say he's an idiot because of his speech
blunders and such, but the smart man is not the one with the answers,
it's the one who knows which people to ask for the answers. I believe
that describes Bush and his cabinet.

One of my weakest points with Bush is his dealings with Corporate
America. I don't care much for the corporate giants, but given the time
the little man will turn into a CEO himself. Corporate America is the
backbone of the economy and they require more attention

I see the bumper stickers that say "No Soldiers Died When Clinton Lied".
Wrong. Every time Clinton got in the jackpot he touched off a couple of
Tomahawks towards Iraq to redirect CNN. Those tomahawks toasted a few
soldiers- just not ours.

Our casualties in Iraq are about 1000 dead now, right? Give me a break.
1500 went down on the Titanic. A dam broke in China a few years back and
washed away many thousands of people. 1000 soldiers dying on the field
of battle is well worth the millions of lives potentially bettered by
removing Hussein.

If you were to ask me what party I belonged to, my answer would be
Thomas Jefferson's Democratic-Republican party. Although for some
reason, that tends to confuse people when I tell them that..

I hope this answered your question, in my own words.

Eric

ps- so much for a short summary!