Re: [DMCForum] Josh's D mating with the Grand Hotel

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, DMCVIN6683 wrote:

> A good friend gave me the schematics on how to make the starter not
> crank unless the clutch is depressed to the floor just like all of the
> newer cars require you to start them. It is an excellent and reversible
> easy modification we should all do to bring our cars up to date.

A lot of European model cars (for sale in Europe, that is, not
manufactured in Europe) still don't have this "feature".  I think this
means the manufacturers think Americans don't know how to drive sticks.
(And perhaps the event at the Grand Hotel proves it.)

Personally, I have disabled this "feature" on my other car.  There are
uses for turning a starter motor while in gear, and I'd rather not be
caught without the ability to do so.

-andrew

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here