[DMCForum] Re: Engine fan failure

The 3 way jumper -is- what I'm running. It has fuses in it tho.

Ok, I've replaced the otterstat. I don't like it's trip/reset range.
It's warmer than the one I was using.

When I look at the relay sockets and wiring diagram, I see that
John's module (1st plug) plugs into 2 black/green wires on the blue
socket (one b/g 12v supply lead for each fan) and the small wire in
the center of the socket for the fan fail light. The 2nd plug goes in
the fan relay socket at the contacts for the A/C system and the big
red wire goes to the battery.

Whenever I hook the damn thing up, the fans run non-stop regardless
of otterstat or key condition. You just can't shut 'em down. What
gives?

I'm also still trying to figure out why the passenger side fan is
dead. I think the ground isn't being switched but I ran out of light.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> Don't run fuses in the fan fail socket. They'll melt (without
> blowing). A simple 12 gauge 3 way jumper per the DMC bulletin works
> much better. I've been running one for thousands of miles no
problem.

> Circuit was never protected by the fan fail module BTW. Is a circuit
> breaker further up the line. Fuses in that socket are redundant.
>
> Glad you made it to Pigeon Forge. But you're a wuss for going to bed
> early with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door...
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> > My trip to and from P/F was smooth and uneventful with 1
exception;

> > 50 miles out from home, on the return trip my otterstat failed. I
> > jumpered it, and heard fans and drove home.
> >
> > Upon arriving home, I noted that only 1 fan was running. The car
may
> > have been like this for some time and I never knew because I was
> > running fused links for the fans and my fan failure light is
burned
> > out. The (dead) fan is good. If I run wires from the working fan
> > the dead fan, it comes on. All grounds are attached and good.
> >

> > In addition;
> > I just purchasd John Hervey's fan fix 2x2 and when I plug it in,
the
> > fan runs non-stop whether the otterstat is closed, open or if the
key
> > is on or off. Does it have some kind of delay circuit?
> >
> > Rich A.

click here