[DMCForum] Re: Religion Continued (Ryan)

[DMCForum] Re: Religion Continued (Ryan)

Bill,

>> The problem is: human beings are sinful. Always have been. Always
>> will be. (Jesus didn't take that away). This means that we will be
>> forever separated from God -- without a catalyst (Jesus).

Yes; that's what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that we no longer
sin, just that he "took our sin away" - in other words, we have been
forgiven of our sins, and they will no longer be our eternal death
sentence.

>> Being a Christian is no silver bullet. Making a commited decision
>> to yield control of your earthly life to God will not innoculate
>> you from harm, hardship, or other nastiness. In fact it may well
>> make them WORSE as He leads you to places and situations where your
>> service is needed most

This is absolutely true. However, I don't believe God will put you in
a situation that you cannot handle. He will prepare you beforehand and
help you while you are there.

-Ryan

click here