[DMCForum] Re: God Squad

Man, y'all have me jumping all over today.

To answer your questions:

I assume you're referring to the Crusades. If you study a bit of the
history there, you find that almost nobody had access to the actual
Bible. All it would take would be one corrupt leader to convince them
that God sanctioned a war against X group of people.

And as for invasions: All of the "invasions" I can think of were by
Spanish missionaries. They were also responsible for the lovely
Spanish Inquisition that nobody expected (har), which also wasn't
supported by the Bible.

These are the same people who once attacked England believing that God
would make up for their lack of technology and soldiers. He didn't.
Not proving He's not there, just that he wasn't with them.

And Christians aren't really supposed to force their beliefs on
others. I've been on two missions trips with my church, and we didn't
do anything except talk to people, pray with them, and tell them what
Christianity is about. We never forced them to do anything, they could
have gotten up and left, and many did.

Again, you have crazy people in all groups. Christianity happens to
have a lot of people who never really read the Bible, and make up
their own justifications for it.

My point was that the quotes Farrar had posted were about God leading
the Israelites in some way or other. Christians aren't Israelites, and
Jews aren't really Israelites in the same way as the Old Testament has
it (none of them were rescued from Egypt and taken to the Promised
Land, etc etc).

Basically, my point is that if someone is forcing a belief on you,
they aren't doing a very good job of being a Christian. Jesus didn't
say to force people into anything, just to tell them.

"Go tell it on the mountain" not "Go force it down people's throats
and make them follow you".

-Adam Stadnick
No Pigeon Forge this year
No VIN, yet (hoping for 3416)