Re: [DMCForum] sorry, no pics of the "unkown vin" car.

Re: [DMCForum] sorry, no pics of the "unkown vin" car.

> Walt, do I come off as some
sort of idiot?  You're the only one here to meet me I think.

James, I respect you very much and think you are a great
guy.  But you really need to take a step or two back and
look at who you are asking.  I mean really.  Many people
think that the only reason why I don't live in a nut farm is
because I can pretend to be sane when I really need to (but
not for long).

Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket.  I don't think I've
ever got one in my life -- not that I don't deserve several.
;-)  Once I drove by a cop in South Carolina who was hidden
in a speed trap.  I was going about 80 in a 55.  I have no
idea why he didn't come after me.  Okay, enough bragging....

About the car title... I've seen problems before like you
describe.  It's a pain to record a title if you aren't going
to be driving the car, so people just don't do it.  For
example, that Canadian spec car I was telling you about was
like that.  The guy I bought it from never recorded the
title from the previous owner.  So when I recorded the
title, the state thought I was buying it from the last guy
on record.  I never met the guy.  What made the deal work is
that I trusted the guy I was buying it from.  So the problem
with Blossom may be a similar deal.  However, you would be
taking a risk that you could never get the title or worse
have someone claim the car is stolen.  If you can't get
clear title, you might just use it as a parts car to fix up
another cheapy parts car that does have a good title.  You
only need a little chewing gum to hold on a VIN plate.
(Just kidding. :-)

Walt