[DMCForum] Re: time to park the D lol

I love reading these DeLorean stories. I've owned my car for a month.
So far I've been told that the coke is in the glove compartment, the
door panels, and inside the spare tire. Costco tire guys where I
bought my new Michelins earlier this month were quite serious about
checking that spare tire for coke. They warned me it would be a safety
hazard if I ever tried to actually use the tire.

I've only had one guy ask to sit in the car. He was in his fifties and
I was happy to let him do it. He didn't play with anything, just sat
there with a silly grin on his face. Everyone else seems content to
just look at it, or touch the exterior. This doesn't bother me. I want
to leave a positive impression with people. Fingerprints come off,
it's really not a huge deal.

I won't put up with rude people. If someone jumped into my car without
asking I'd yank him right back out by his ear.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> Okay... so I've finally gotten a taste of Rich Acuti's crazy people.
Normally I've only ever been approached by incredibly friendly neat
folks, but these past few days have been an exception.

> It all started yesterday while I was out in front of my apartment
cleaning up the D. A balding rotund older gentleman comes up and
starts talking to me about the car. He was pretty nice, knew a good
deal about the cars and was genuinely excited to see mine. Well after
a while he starts telling me I'll have to go out with him sometime
since I'm new to the neighborhood and starts dropping the names of the
well known Charlotte gay bars. As flattered as I was I just had to
turn him down LOL! He didn't seem to want to acknowledge the
references to my "wife" either. He just kept inisisting. I can take
anything but a pushy person.

> And recently I went to a car show at Lowe's Motor Speedway. I wasn't
showing my DeLorean, but went to the show in it. As I was getting out
of my car and closing the door I hear a loud voice behind me say
"EXCUSE ME, let my SON sit in your car." By the time I turned around I
noticed a kid about the age of 14 slip into my driver's seat. I was
absolutely flabbergasted. I was consumed with rage but was so angry I
just didn't say anything at all lol. Then his son precedes to talk
about how much better Panteras are than DeLoreans, and why I should
sell mine and get one. All while sitting in my seat playing with
switches without permission to be there in the first place. My
redheaded temper just about erupted, but the nice guy I am I just held
it in. It totally ruined my day.

> So today I'm driving up to Concord, North Carolina to go to a cruise
in with a DeLorean friend. I pull up to a stop sign and a bunch of
guys are in a souped up Civic revving the hell out of their engine. I
turn to look at what's going on and I notice I've got a video camera
focused on me. The guys precede to motion for me to open my door,
which I do because I know it's what everyone wants to see. They have
me do this several times to make sure they get it on film. I know many
people would get a laugh out of this, but after the week I've had it
frazzled my nerves. I'm also a fairly low-key quiet guy... so these
type of things just creep me out a little too lol.

> And to take the cake I get more craziness when I get to the cruise
in. A group of kids come up totally excited to see the car. They asked
to sit in it, and without hesitation I say yes because they were so
excited and were polite enough to ask. They immediately start playing
with the gear shifter and pedals and I'm just grinding my teeth away
lol. When they finally are finished opening and closing my doors and
playing musical chairs, I notice that one of the kids had finished
drinking his soft drink in my car, wadded up the paper cup, and
stuffed it between the seat and console. Oh man... that was the last
straw. I ended up having to go home early because it was the straw
that broke the camel's back.

> Now I'm not really mad about any of these things, but it just amazes
me sometimes how thoughtless and self centered people can be. I think
I'm going to have to park the D a few days before I'll be ready to go
back into the snake pit... haha! Like I keep saying, I talk to people
every day, everywhere I go and most are incredibly cool. It's just the
few who are nuts who make you cautious of everyone. Sorry for the
rant... I already feel better now that I've vented some! -Louie