[DMCForum] Re: cam shafts

Excellent reading. Thanks Martin.

I read "cylinder heads, Part I" where it discusses valve area and
increasing the number of valve per cyl, but I couldn't find anything
about cam duration other than the fact that longer duration gives
more power and if you go -too- long, the engine will run poorly at
lower speeds which is fine for racing but not for the street.

I didn't see any figures and I didn't see a "Part II". I'll check
again tho.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/
>
> Go read....
>
> Martin
>
> cruznmd wrote:
>
> > This is just the kind of thing I'm interested in;
> >
> > I do not understand for instance, what kind of cams you need to
put
> > on a head for more horsepower. Can someone explain to me what
changes
> > in duration you'd need on a cam to achieve this, and perhaps put
up
> > the stock values for a DeLorean cam and some ideal values to
increase
> > horesepower?

click here