you should be able to check your old switch with a ohm
meter to see if it has Continuity when cold.

Jamie

Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So after all of this (up to now - still have new
radiator to install, repair fan motors, repair females
connections in electrical system, new rear tires,
brand new starter and starter solenoid, and new brake
master cylinder all before PF), I was to say the
least, a bit disgruntled when my car would crank to
life, then suddenly die.  For a month now, this
problem has plagued me.  Then this morning, I was
reading the back issues I have printed out, and I
found a little article from Sean Mullally back on
March 10, 1998 - and this is how it went:

"Ok, here's my problem. When I start my D after it has
been sitting for at least a day, it will start, but
will stall immediatly. On the second or third try, if
I give it alot of gas for a few seconds after starting
it will be ok. It will idle fine after that and
restart perfectly after being shut off. Has anyone had
simpilar symptoms, or know what the problem might be?"

Well, Bruce Benson followed up with the idea of it
being a bad thermotime switch, and how to jump it to
see if this was the case.  Now, considering I just
bought this back in 01/04 from a reputable vendor, I
felt this was far-fetched, but I figured "Why not? The
problems Sean described are absolutely identical to
mine, why not give it a try?"  I followed the
procedure, and around 3:20am I fired the car without
giving it any gas or anything.  It fired right up
first try - perfectly.  My four month old thermotime
switch is bad.  I find that - to say the least - a bit
hard to believe and a little discouraging.
Nevertheless - to see my car fire right to life, first
try, no need for gas - just prefect fire and idle - oh
yes.

The point: DON'T neglect the backissues.  They are
quite the tomb of knowledge.  I have the defective
thermotime switch to prove it =P.

Jeremiah
#Completely-made-over-you'll-never-recognize-from-the-original-pictures-from-11/11/03 03299

Friends.  Fun.  Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger.
http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT