RE: [DMCForum] How to fix fading amber in rear turn signals?

RE: [DMCForum] How to fix fading amber in rear turn signals?

I did some tinted turn signal lenses on a show vehicle once by spraying on a
custom mixed tinted clear coat.  This was long ago and the paint supplier
had never heard of anything like this so we did some experimenting and it
turned out a 50/50 mix with black in the clear worked very nice.  The turn
signals were completely blacked out until you turned on the lights.  One
thing I should have done was spray straight clear over that as well.  I have
wondered if this could be used to duplicate the red panels at DMCH.

If you can find a good color match with the lens, I would bet you could do
the same thing.  You can spray on thin coats and build up the layers until
you get the color you want.  Another custom detail tip is to shave off the
little molded-in symbols on the plastic lens.  It doesn't matter is you
scratch them up a bit as the clear will take care of that.

Greg