From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 4:33 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Window regulator

I spent today installing a window motor to my existing regulator. The
passenger window hasn't rolled down since I owned the car. The new
motor was a free donor so it was worth a try.

The worm gear was rusted to the metal tube of the regulator. For lack
of anything better to do, I spent the afternoon freeing it with PB
Blaster, cleaning it up and greasing it.

For reasons I can't see, the motor binds when it's screwed down flush
and tight to the regulator. The only way I can get it to work is to
shim up the bottom screw with a washer and not over-tighten the top
screw. If you're looking at it from the side, the motor is cocked
sort of downward to keep the gears from skipping. Even then, it still
binds sometimes and I have to rap the door to free it up.

Any ideas?

This is just to get me by until after Pigeon Forge. I've opted to
repair my A/C over fixing the window. After that, I'll get the new,
whamo-dyne metal regulator/motor assembly.

Rich A.

click here