From: ryanpwright [mailto:yahoo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 11:54 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: DMCForum Brand Recognition

Rich,

Has anyone considered switching to a better forum? I'm quite frankly
surprised that both of these major DeLorean forums use Yahoo. I would
think someone would have stepped up to the plate to host a real
vBulletin-style forum by now. Yahoo groups are difficult and full of
annoying advertisements.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok guys,
>
> Walt is a busy guy and as some of you may know, I've volunteered to
> take over the www.dmcforum.org website admin for him. If I understand
> his intentions right, he wants much of it to be a community project,
> with input from all of you, and not just a site with him as dictator.
> We're also going to try to lose the "rebel yell" quality to the Yahoo
> group and the website and play nice with all the other DeLorean
> folks. Hopefully they'll play nice with us.
>
> Currently, I have stopped loading up the site because Samuel and I
> are working on migrating it to his webserver and that will require re-
> writing the site in something other than ColdFusion.
>
> I'm going to open a few polls to get your inputs. One thing no one
> wants is for the Forum to be a re-hash of the DML. We should offer
> something unique that the other sites don't offer to justify our
> existance.
>
> I want photos, articles and whatever else you can think up. I would
> like all of you to go to the Forum home page and look at Walt's
> transmission filter tech article and tell me if you like the format.
> I re-did it so that it's not a total plagurization of the DML.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich A.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129dparro/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups
/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1085457247/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companio