[DMCForum] Final drive issue will be put to the test soon

[DMCForum] Final drive issue will be put to the test soon

Hi All

As some will know, I've recently picked up a Renault 25 turbo engine to
rebuild and put in my D. Well, last week, wonder of wonders, I found
something to go with it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2478223514

A complete 30 gearbox, with fabled 3.8:1 final drive. I'm picking this
box up next week and will take it strait round to the gearbox place I
found who rebuild UN1's on a regular basis (and currently have one of
our DeLorean boxes in for repair of 2nd and general inspection). I'll
get the final drive rotated, wack a new LUK clutch in there, and bolt it
strait to my new engine, once I've got around to rebuilding it with a
new DeLorean crank case and sump, ancilliaries, and of course make it
look a lot prettier!

...then it's time to worry about the chargecooler, intake and exhaust
pipework, and a trip to Emerald for the ECU and setup!

This is not going to happen overnight - I can see the lion's share of
the work being done in the autumn.

[in case anyone wonders, the 5 speed 369 is very rare in this form -
most 30s has auto trannys - this was quite a find]

Best Wishes

Martin
DMUK

click here