From: John Dore [mailto:dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 9:38 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Is this guy serious?

Before you take a look at the pictures of this car, here are some
descriptions of the car from the builder:

My Roller is the Safest Car in the World because there are hundreds
and hundreds of Patented Mechanical Engineering features that make My
Roller the Safest Car in the World.
My Roller is The American Supercar Sports Car. My Roller is the best
handling car in the world. My Roller is the first Rock N' Roll car in
the world. My Roller has a light weight of 2517 lbs. ( 2517 lbs. in
cold rolled steel tubing and bar, 2227 lbs. in Aluminum tubing and
bar and 1956 lbs. in Magnesium tubing and bar ). Bruce McLaren's F1
supercar sports car weighs 2369 lbs.

    My Roller has a very strong tig welded triangulated seamless cold
rolled low carbon 1010 steel frame, 2 axles, 2 front uprights, 2
bumpers, 2 doors, 2 hoods, etc. Seamless cold rolled steel tubing
used in my Roller Safest Car in the World: rectangular:  3 x 2
x .120  ( 3 inch by 2 inch by .120 inch wall thickness ) and 2 x 1
x .120, square:  2 x 2 x .120 and 1 x 1 x .120 and a few other
smaller shapes and sizes. Roller frames, axles, suspension struts,
etc. have high Factors of Safety and high Margins of Safety so that
the stresses from the highest design loads on the Roller would never
get near the fatigue strength of the 1010 cold rolled steel in the
Roller Safest Car in the World. Roller frames, axles, suspension
struts, etc. are engineered and built like the Golden Gate Bridge.
The Golden Gate Bridge was engineered to last for many centuries by
using high Factors of Safety and high Margins of Safety so the
stresses from the design loads would never get near the fatigue
strength of the steel in the Golden Gate Bridge.

Now, take a look at this car:

http://www.rollerv8.com

Beautiful car, huh!?

click here