[DMCForum] Re: very frustrated!! - starting problem

[DMCForum] Re: very frustrated!! - starting problem

Greetings from Ft. McHenry.

It's not a dumb question. Remove the air cleaner and press down the
air flow sensor, spray in a little starter fluid. DONT go nuts with
it. You could flood the engine or worse, have a wicked back-fire.

Just a "one thousand and one" squirt. Start the car immediately
before it all evaporates.

Tell me again: Did you hear or feel fuel pump activity with the good
jumper in between 30 and 87?? Did you measure 12 volts at the fuel
pump wires when the jumper was in place??

Don't bother starting the car with the relay in place. We already
know it doesn't work.

If you have 12 volts on the fuel pump with the jumper and you hear it
buzz, with the jumper, it's worth a test start.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brian" <TK581@xxxx> wrote:
  It was suggested that I unplug the fuel pump at the plug and
> retest the 30/87 jumper.  I inserted the wire and there were no
> sparks or heat on the wire.  I guess this would suggest that the
> fuel pump is not the fault.  It shouldn't be seeing how it is brand
> new and recently installed and tested out fine.
>
> I guess the next step would be to plug evrything in and give it a
> crank on a full battery (with and without the relay in place).  If
> it doesn't turn over witht he jumper then I should go about the
> starter fluid.  I'm a bit confused at this seeing how I never done
> that. Where exactly do I 'pump' the fluid in or ge the fluid?  >
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> > Brian,

click here