[DMCForum] Re: A Series PRV vs E and F Series

[DMCForum] Re: A Series PRV vs E and F Series

A series merely denotes carburetion, not time of production. Volvo
used  A, E, and F series coincidentally until 1979, depending on the
market (I believe A's were primarily Australian import).

I'm not sure what the compression ratio of A series were. In fact, I'm
not even sure whether my intended block is 2.7 or 2.8 liter. According
to the timing scale notch it is timed 10 degrees BTDC like my leaking
E, but that doesn't mean anything because Volvo factory literature
shows the same for B28F (versus JZD's 13 degrees). I'm just glad it
doesn't have a hole in it. Is brand spanking new too.

By conventional wisdom fuel injection out performs carburetion. The
question is: how much? 25 HP doesn't mean squat at 5,000 RPM. All my
other vehicles are carbureted, and they run like champs. Give me
absolutely zero fuel delivery problems too.

All a carburetor needs is a tight manifold and fuel in its bowls.
That's it. No fuss no muss fuel metering. They're also a lot cheaper
than fuel injection (can buy 4 carburetors for the price of one fuel
distributor).

Bill Robertson