[DMCForum] A tale of woe with a happy ending

[DMCForum] A tale of woe with a happy ending

These past few weeks my car has been running like a champ. With the cat
removed it's extremely responsive. It's got great acceleration in every
gear. Other than a slight exhaust leak, I've been very pleased.

Then came the AC repair. After a new evaporator, accumulator and 2 weeks,
the whole system was fixed. When they called me to tell me the car was
ready, they informed me of a coolant leak. I shuddered. He thought it was
coming from the head.

My blood pressure shot through the roof. When I got there he showed me the
puddle of coolant and the coolant on the frame, but there was none on the
head. Then I remembered spewing coolant from yesterday. I opened the cap too
fast when the engine was warm and coolant spewed out and apparently got
trapped frame and leaked out when the car was on the lift. My heart sang!

A quick drive to the parking garage and no leaks. Oh happy day! And I have a
cold AC!

click here