[DMCForum] Cylinder issue

Ok everyone.  Here is another question as we near PF.

My car runs very well, idles at 950 rpms beautifully.
Something unusual is happening though - one of my
cylinders sporadically stops firing.  Most of the
time, all six cylinders fire, but roughly every 50
miles or so, cylinder 5 stops firing or fires very
weakly.  I placed an ignition timing gun on the plug,
and when the cylinder gets weak, the flashing strobe
light pattern goes haywire.  This is normally
accompanied with "sputtering" acceleration when moving
from a dead stop - like at a stop sign or traffic
light.  Of course, with one of the cylinders going
nuts, my idling becomes erratic (not to the point of
stalling the car, but the idling doesn't "purr" so to
speak).  Once the car gets moving, all 6 cylinders
fire beautifully again until I get to a dead stop,
then the cylinder goes wack again.  This will happen
for roughly 5 miles or so, and then the problem just
goes away.  All cylinders will fire just fine, and my
acceleration is perfect.

I have noticed that this problem only occurs before
the cooling fans cycle for the first time.  This never
happens once the cooling fans have cycled a couple
times.  Just to give you a rundown of what's been done
on the car, here:

1. Replaced oil filter
2. Air filter
3. Fuel filter
4. Auto tranny filter
5. Rotor cap
6. Rotor distributor
7. Spark plugs
8. Spark plug wires
9. Coil wire
10. Ignition wires
11. Alternator belt
12. A/C belt
13. Valve cover gaskets
14. Oxygen sensor
15. Control pressure regulator
16. Frequency valve w/ss line
17. Spinners are off tires
18. Tranny completely rebuilt - specifically 1st gear,
computer governor, torque converter, and vacuum
modulator
19. Rewired the otterstat
20. Fixed the brown starter wires
21. Cleaned numerous grounds
22. Rewired the wiring around the microswitch
23. Cleaned microswitch
24. Added the SS coolant bottle with new radiator cap
25. Fixed the idle control motor
26. Replaced the battery with new MATCHING battery
screws
27. Fixed numerous, pathetic attempts at wiring in the
electrical system
28. Added a self-bleeding kit to the cooling system
29. Replaced the shifter cable
30. Had numerous sets of keys made and tumblers
reset/cleaned
31. New Alternator
32. FanZilla
33. New transmission mounts
34. Fixed my turn signals
35. NO MORE TIRE SPINNERS
36. Replaced all the fuses
37. New front rotors
38. New brake pads on front rotors
39. Added a "lifetime" air filter
40. Replaced the air hose directly underneath the
coolant bottle
41. Replaced some of the hosing on the coolant pipes
42. New oil pressure sending unit
43. Got my cargo net up in the storage area.
44. Replaced the fuel pump
45. Installed a fuel baffle kit
46. Replaced thermotime switch
47. Replaced otterstat
48. Rerouted the otterstat wiring away from the
catalytic converter (the wiring had begun to fuse);
the wires were also carefully cleaned and repaired
49. Cleaned/tightened the ignition wiring (blue and
white ones, didn't touch the red one)
50. Multiple adjustments of the idle speed screws
(manual idle) and CO screw
51. Took out and cleaned my fuel injectors
52. Replaced spark plug wires
53. Gave the intake manifold and the
valves a thorough cleansing/paint job
54. Replaced all 10 coolant hoses
55. Replaced all heater hoses
56. Installed 13 stainless steel fuel lines
57. Installed new heater control valve
58. Replaced or inspecting all vacuum hoses
59. Installed a brand new water pump with all new
hoses, O-rings, water hoses, and clamps
60. Installed a new rack and pinion
61. New adapter cup
62. Lubricated the angle drive (make spedometer work
again)
63. New fuel pump cover
64. Installed new front wheel bearings
65. Installed a whole new electrical relay kit
66. New vacuum control switch
67. New water return hose kit

The dwellmeter readings seem to be accurate, my
ignition timing is almost dead on as well.  I know my
accumulator needs to be changed, but that should in no
way have this effect.  This problem has been around
since before we tore down and rebuilt the motor; I to
be honest am quite puzzled.  The only thing I can
possibly think of is yet again - another electrical
issue.  I am going to take next weekend and clean
EVERY area of the electrical system that I can.
Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Jeremiah