[DMCForum] Re: Bearing and Transmission questions, partially for Martin

[DMCForum] Re: Bearing and Transmission questions, partially for Martin G:

I have replaced -one- wheel bearing...passenger side. I thought that
was where the noise was coming from. I was wrong. :)

I have another bearing coming for the driver's side. I hope that's it.

I did not know about the roll pin for 2nd gear. I sometimes find the
tranny difficult to downshift into 2nd gear, so I usually don't. It
up-shifts into 2nd, smoothly. Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty gentle on the tranny.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
wrote:
> Sorry, Rich, I've not been following this too closely, but have you
> replaced the wheel bearings already?
>
> These trannys are very strong - but we all know about the roll pin
on
> the second gear selector fork, that's down to the DeLorean linkage,
but
> otherwise, yes, as long as it's got oil in it, you can expect it to
live
> as long as the car. Unless you've got bad habits when changing
gear :-)

> Martin
>

> cruznmd wrote:
>
> >Did I just guess the wrong side? Is the differential in the tranny
> >about to die? Martin, you said these tranmissions were bullet-
proof.
> >On a low-mileage car, how likely is this? I changed the gear oil.
It
> >was full, but the fluid was old. I saw no metal particles. Have
you
> >seen one of these units die? What happend?
> >
> >I've driven with the doors open, I've spun the wheels by hand. It
> >won't do it by hand. Not enough load on the bearing I think, to
make
> >the noise.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Rich A.