[DMCForum] Re: Fixed at last....

Less resitstance is better but many wires are carbon cored for EMI
supression. If the delivered voltage is high enough it doesn't
matter. I have to laugh at some of the stuff folks swallow about so
called "high performance" coils and ignition components. It's mostly
lots of marketing hype, not much science.

You really need a high voltage tester to accurately determine the
breakdown voltage of components like this. Unless you flat out have
an open circuit (a clean break in the wire), measuring with the
typical DMM isn't very revealing. Use of a megger, HiPot insulation
tester, HV lead tester, or something similar is the best way to know
for sure.

Same with plugs, they're best tested under pressure because the
higher the pressure the more difficult it is to create plasma. You
can't make plasma below a certain level of vacuum, nor can you have
it above a certain pressure unless you've got massive voltage driving
it. It's called the Pasion Curve. (Lightning is a good example of the
voltage required to bridge long gaps under high pressure). I can tell
you how to build a plug tester cheaply for just this purpose. Again,
it's how ignition parts are tested in aviation when confidence in
them must be absolute.

Or just replace your wires and plugs with something good and move on.
Usually when you buy cheap, you get cheap.