Re: [DMCForum] Advice for new owner! (& seeking Sacramento/Portland club

Re: [DMCForum] Advice for new owner! (& seeking Sacramento/Portland club member(s))

Congratulations Ryan.  If you can act on short notice,
consider going to the show coming up soon in Tennessee.
There should be well over 100 DeLoreans there.

> 1. When I go to pick the car up, is there anything in
particular I
should be looking for to make sure I'm not getting into
major
problems?

There is a load of stuff to do an not to do.  If you haven't
found it already, check out the "how to buy a DeLorean" info
on the DMCNews.com web site.

> 2. Can someone tell me where the various VIN
numbers/stickers are
located, as I'd like to verify these are all valid.

There are only two official places, and those are on the
dash and in the door jamb on the driver's side.  There is an
engine # which might be recorded in your paperwork
somewhere.  The tag on the engine is on the left side above
the catalytic converter somewhere.  There is a frame # that
is stamped in a plate welded to the frame.  It's visible
from the engine compartment or from under the car.  There is
speculation that the frame # should have matched the VIN
because of similarities.  As far as I know, the factory did
not keep track of frame #'s, and none of them matched the
VINs except maybe by coincidence.

Often there is stuff written in the doors under the
headliners.  This could include the VIN, key code, and any
weird graffiti from the factory or who-knows-where.

> 3. Any other pointers??

Joining the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club is one of the
best things you can do.  Connect up with the club members,
and you will be set.

Walt

click here