[DMCForum] Re: VIN 2062

If the owner has kept it parked on his lawn you might have some real
rust issues.  Parking on grass is a no-no.  Did you check the frame
and the front-end?  If the frame is good, I would guess about
$10,000 - $12,000 to bring this one back to near-perfect condition.

Johnny
5518

I guess this would be one of those stories you always hear about.
This guy is going through a divorce, his soon to be ex-wife hit a
tree with the front left fender...always with the front left
fender... and he just wanted it gone, that's it, out of his site.

The car has been sitting for between one and three years but it was
a daily driver.  I say one to three because he stated about one, but
the inspection sticker expired about three years ago.  The car is
actually in pretty decent shape, and he had the seats recovered in a
very cheap black vinyl.  You know, like the stuff they used to patch
school bus seats with.

When his ex-wife hit the tree it caused the front left wheel to
point left as well, so now both front wheels are pointed in opposite
directions.  The front fascia looks like it can be put back together,
just ripped loose from the driver's side.  Everything else looks
pretty good, even the fuse block.
It honestly doesn't look like it has been sitting that long.

Anything other thoughts or opinions about the car anyone?

Greg