[DMCForum] Ladies and gentlemen, my (repairable?) evaporator

[DMCForum] Ladies and gentlemen, my (repairable?) evaporator

http://tg2.vantagep.com/evaporator.jpg

So Walt, you see the busted end. If I had to bet I'd say it could be fixed,
but based on how much of a pain in the ass it is to get out, it is worth
running the risk to stick a repaired evaporator back in.

Any thoughts or suggestions? And WTF is that black jiz all over the pipes?