Re: [DMCForum] Slightly OT - DUMP VALVES

Re: [DMCForum] Slightly OT - DUMP VALVES

I read your post twice, and I still am not sure I know
what your talking about..  Maybe it is the terms you
are using that I may not be familiar with?

Most of the turbo systems I have seen use a "waste
gate".  As I understand it, The waste gate controls
the flow of exhaust gas between the turbo fan and a
bypass pipe (a pipe that lets the exhaust bypass the
turbo).  The boost (pressure) on the exit of the turbo
(going to the intake) controls the position of the
waste gate.  By adjusting the mechanical linkage from
the diaphram to the waste gate, you essentialy set at
what level of boost pressure the gate opens.  When the
gate opens, the additional exhaust gas is "wasted",
and will bypass the turbo.  The end result is the
turbo will not spin any faster.

Modern systems use an electronic control with a
variable (computer controled) waste gate.  This allows
you to regulate the boost based on other engine data.

BTW, those expensive "monster cables" *DO* make a
difference.

--- Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I would like some input on something that I want to
> learn about before
> installing my Z7U turbo PRV in my DeLorean.
<SNIP>