[DMCForum] upper shock absorber bushings

[DMCForum] upper shock absorber bushings

I have had lots of trouble with the upper shock bushings
wearing & shifting on the rear of my car.  So I just ordered
some polyurethane bushings from summitracing.com.  Does
anyone else have clunking shocks in the rear?

So far I have seen or heard of 3 types that can get loose:
OEM - probably gives the least trouble.
PJ Grady - which start out loose, but I don't know what he
is currently making, if anything.
DMCH - what I have on my car now.  Their bushings took a
proper torque and seemed to be tight for a few thousand
miles, but now they have worn/crushed and are
shifting/clunking.

Apparently, the problem is that there is a lot of lateral
force where the top of the shock ties into the frame, and
this can crush/wear the bushing very quickly.  Hopefully
polyurethane bushings will take the abuse.  Has anyone else
found a way to resolve this issue?

Walt