Re: [DMCForum] Re: Flat acceleration curve/Fuel system issues- Need advi

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Flat acceleration curve/Fuel system issues- Need advice

Rich and I have suspected either the CPR -or- after examining his fuel tank I found his pump boot was peeling apart in my hands. It looks like some of the rubber particles have fallen into his tank and been sucked into the fuel pump. Martin, have you seen this before?

Anyone have any ideas of what would happen if small rubber particles got throught the screen. We were thinking what it would take to slowly clog the fuel pump. Next, would be the filter. If it got through there it seems the next stop would be clogging the cpr, then the distributor and lastly the injectors. His tank looked clean so once we make sure there are no blockages I think we will solve it.

I now see why people say to replace the entire fuel system at one time...I am going to let him swap my CPR and see if that solves his problem....

Mike C