Re: [DMCForum] #17084 rides again

Hi Mike, fancy hearing from you with 17084.  I own the car
that was two down the assembly line (theoretically).  This
is 17086.  It's a gray interior 5 speed, ASI radio.  But the
car is in terrible condition.  The frame is rusted out in
places, the interior is baked out, the fuel distributor is
seized.  The fascia is eyebrowed to hell.  The car had been
stored outdoors for about 10 years.  I don't remember the
mileage, but it's in Km and is very low.  Right now the car
is garaged until I get around to restoring it -- which may
be never.  Hopefully the car will be sold back to the guy I
bought it from.  So in that respect he owns it, and I'm his
pawn broker. ;-)

I think the authority on VINs is posted on the DMCNews web
site.  I remember reading that there were about 200 made
with VINs starting at 17000 (or 17001?)  But then I think I
have seen VINs going over 17200.  Maybe they skipped a few.

Walt    Tampa, FL