Re: [DMCForum] Legend VS Other Options

See Below

--- Walter Coe <Whalt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to see a kit that goes a step beyond this.  I
> want it to be a whole running chassis designed from
> scratch, built with modern technology.  New rims
> styled like the original but made as low-profile.
> AWD suspension from a Porsche.  Real functional time
> travel circuits.  Well, I can dream, can't I?

Um, By the time you get done paying that bill, you can
buy a new car.

> Personally, I like the idea of the Northstar upgrade
> kit.  A whole engine is too big to ship, so the
> customer source that locally and you sell him
> everything else turn key.  Great concept.  But it
> will probably take an aftermarket onboard computer
> to run it.  That one we saw at the Memphis show was
> a disaster of an installation.  The guy didn't
> understand anything about modern engine electronics.

Agreed...  My conversion will use a proper engine
control computer.  It is unfortunate (for financial
reasons) that the stock computer from the donor car is
TOO integrated in to the entire car, so it will not
work properly unless it also sees the transmission
control systems, and body control systems.  I SUSPECT
that the engine will run with the stock computer
"solo", but it would be a limp home mode.

After market computer will fix the problem but at a
significant cost.

My plan was to make the custom parts that I am having
fabricated available to others, with a list of sources
to get everything else..  The goal was to be able to
copy my work for under $6000

Of course, my fabricator has been taking a lot longer
than I expected.  For 2 years now, I have been hearing
it will be done in a few more weeks!  and he already
has a bunch of my money :(

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM