[DMCForum] Re: And the list goes on...

> I think I should clean up the engine really well
> and check again to see the exact spots to make sure.

Rich, a trick I like to use is to wash areas like that with
Brain Kleen (that's what I call Brake Kleen).  Then when the
oil starts to come back you can see where it's coming from.

> Re: Trans fluid:
> I bought 4, .97 liter bottles the size and shape of motor
oil
> bottles. Castrol. They fit in there well. I was able to
completely
> drain them.

Oh wait... are you talking about an automatic transmission?
I thought you were changing the gear oil on a manual.  Well,
automatics have the same gear oil there too.

> Re: Wheel bearings:
> I can't believe you had to go through all of that. I don't
feel so
> bad now. Having replaced half my bearings, I'm just going
to buy the
> other 2. I'm not going to try and repack them.

Did you do your front wheel bearings yet?  Those have a
cir-clip / snap-ring thingamajig that can be a pain to get
out without damaging it.  Do you know where to get extras?

Walt

click here