Re: [DMCForum] Carfax was: Do you hear that?

Re: [DMCForum] Carfax was: Do you hear that?

> Carfax is kinda Bullshit if you ask me,

While I had an account with them, I did so many searches on
DeLoreans that they sent me a warning accusing me of being a
dealer or something which they do not allow for the level of
access I paid for.

I have noticed that they are kind of "spotty" on what areas
of the country they thoroughly keep track of.  In Florida
they know every time a car in Hillsborough County fails
emissions, but now we don't have emissions checks here any
more.  In other areas of the country Carfax seems to be
clueless.

I had a Carfax account long ago and offered on the DML that
I would do VIN checks for DeLoreans only.  I would never
publicly offer anything like that again.  Even a year or
more afterwards I kept getting e-mails from people who
wanted me to do checks on non-DeLoreans.  If they had half a
brain, they would have read that my account was only good
for a month and that I was offering this for DeLoreans only.

Walt