Re: [DMCForum] Re: "Where are they all?" [was: pre-production]

Re: [DMCForum] Re: "Where are they all?" [was: pre-production]

I guess a LATE 81 would be OK, but a lot of the 81s I've seen for sale
have been in various stages of neglect, or have been kept in a garage
and have very few miles on them, have not had any bad parts replaced,
etc. -- They probably wouldn't get me home. Since I can't tell right
away which 81s are good and which are bad, I'd prefer an 82 or 83,
unless the owner had lots of documentation and photographs, and plenty
of miles on it.

Then again I'm picky -- I am not even considering one that has been
painted, even though those are generally more in my price range. I would
also prefer an automatic since I drive mostly in the city (and have no
experience working on manual vehicles), and I've seen very few auto 81s
for sale over the years except for ones which needed severe repairs.

- Farrar

DMCVIN6683 wrote:
> What is wrong with an 81?
>
> Mark V