[DMCForum] side impact...

Well I finally made time to do some work on the car this weekend.  I noticed
something today that I have never seen before.  When you stand in front of
the car, the passenger seat is bent toward the center of the car from the
accident.  The base of the seat and the head rest seem ok, but the back of
the seat is now a curve.

Since the fiberglass is damaged above the rear striker pin plate, I was able
to push this into the seat to see how it impacted.  As I have said before,
the one thing I was most concerned about with the De Lorean was side impact
survivability and I find it amazing how very little damage my car has from
the apparent severity of this accident.

I posted a picture of the passenger seat to the Yahoo DMCForum photo section
under #0909 for anyone who wants to see this.  Look at the shape of the seat
right where the seat release lever is located.  Oh, and none of the glass
was shattered and the door will still open and close and catch the striker
pins.

Greg