[DMCForum] Re: Electrical & A/C

> You gave me a rough estimate for $100.00 for A/C repair.

Yes.  That includes flushing the system, replacing orifice
tube with a VOV, replacing accumulator, replacing oil with
Ester-100, pulling a vacuum, charging with R134a and
checking for leaks.  This doesn't include new hoses since
that cost an additional $190+ change.  If you don't want new
hoses then let me know so I can save myself the trouble of
having them ready.

To rehash a bit -- original non-barrier hoses will leak
R-134a a lot quicker than new barrier hoses.  You either pay
the money up front for new hoses or spend it later on the
hassle of adding more refrigerant and oil(!) as it leaks
out.  If it really becomes a problem then you will see oil &
dirt building up on the old hoses where they leak.

Walt

click here