Re: [DMCForum] steering geometry - new question

Re: [DMCForum] steering geometry - new question

Cover what?  !!

We were talking about the front wheels, and Walt mentioned that there is
a conversion from inches to degrees for the rear wheels on the noted
page.  The conversions are correct when measuring tow-in distance over a
"diameter" of 28 inches.

The wheels for the rear of the Delorean are 235/60R15 stock, which has a
26" diameter at the tread.

Other wheels that would have a 28" diameter are:
235/70R15
275/60R15
235/60R17

It is obvious that the conversion was done for a different tire.
235/70R15 I think is the most likely suspect.

your radius theory is interesting, but according to the conversion chart
on k.08.02, that would put 45 inch rims on the car.  Swwweeeeeeeeeet.

Jim

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:21:49 -0500 "Andrei Cular"
<andreic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I think thats just his way to Cover His Ass.  But it looks like he was
> trying to say you need to measure at the tread of the properly
> mounted and
> inflated tire.
>
> I must not have yet received the message where the discussion went
> from the
> front wheels to the back.
>

> Andrei

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM