Re: [DMCForum] Steering rack adventures

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Jim Strickland wrote:

> Did you misunderstand?
>
> The steering column only fits on the rack one way, but the steering wheel
> can fit on the column in like 30 different positions.

I understood fine.  This is exactly what I was saying in the first place.
I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't somewhere *else* in the
system where fine changes could be made to the steering wheel-rack
relationship, since I don't have a steering wheel puller.  (I can borrow
one, so it's no big deal, but if I was just missing something basic here,
it's easier to fix things with a socket wrench than with a special tool.)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, tmpintnl@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> As far as the steering rack installation goes, are you sure that you got
> the new rack correctly nestled down into the rubber clamp blocks so that
> it is correctly positioned laterally?

Yes, I made sure all of these bits were back together properly, and the
rack doesn't move around on the frame at all.  It's solid, and in the
right spot.

-andrew

Click to learn more...