RE: [DMCForum] [OT] need to read check engine codes

RE: [DMCForum] [OT] need to read check engine codes

Another thought:

Have you checked the fuses? Sometimes a blown fuse will cause the
"check engine" light to come on in modern cars. If you replace the
fuse the light will turn off again after a few run cycles.

Actually, a lot of other dumb stuff could do the same. Other things
I'd check before spending any money on a code reader (big ripoff IMHO)
would be oxygen sensors, gas cap, compression, plug gap, fuel
injectors, EGR, aw hell in these new cars "Check Engine" could mean
anything from "You Have A Blown Head Gasket" to "Your Wife Farted In
The Back Seat". You know to check all of those things anyway.

If it's running OK, I'd leave it be and see if it turns off after a
few days.

I hate modern cars. Grrrrrrr! I need more coffee!

Farrar