[DMCForum] How stuff works: Rotary Engines & the relation to DeLoreans

[DMCForum] How stuff works: Rotary Engines & the relation to DeLoreans

I guess Jim is ignoring me.

I found a simplistic website called "how stuff works". Many of you
have probably heard of it. I guess I live under a rock or something.

It had photos of rotary engine block parts, the rotors and eccentric
crankshaft. It even listed the advantages and disadvantages over
conventional engines. Totally fascinating. I can see why Jim put one
in his DeLorean.

I'm so interested in this I'm considering buying an old Mazda just so
I can get experience working on one. I can't understand why these
engines aren't more widely embraced by automotive manufacturers.
Surely the emissions problems and fuel efficiency issues could be
overcome as in other engine types. The smoother transfer of power and
durability alone would seem to make it worth it.

I read that John Z. supposedly attempted to buy a rotary prototype
that was intended for the corvette from GM. He was turned down.
Imagine trying to get parts for that!

Jim are you the only one to do this? If you're going to Pigeon Forge
I can't wait to see your car.

Rich A.

click here