[DMCForum] Re: HEY Jim, rotary engines

Jim,

How much does a 20b weigh? A 13b? How much does the PRV weigh again?

Can you get a 13b that is not turbocharged? How much horsepower do
they generate that way? How rare are the 13b's?

What are you using for a transmission? If your transmission is stock,
how did you mate them up?

I understand the very basic principle that rotaries operate on but
when I look at the auction picture I can't see it.

Don't you have a website about your car? I forget.

Thanks,

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi John.
>
> I've either been ignoring you or been busy.
>
> There were only like 5000 20b's ever made, making them more rare
than
> Deloreans.  Still so, they're still available here and there; there
are a
> few for sale right now on EBAY, even.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=2455615635&
> category=33615
>
> This one is $4k.  If you know the right people, you can get them for
> cheaper, like $3k or less.  The "safety margin" on the 20b is much
wider
> than on the turbocharged 13b's, a stock 20b TT running 300hp, and
the 13b
> TT running 255hp.  A guy I know has a 500hp normally aspirated 20b
in his
> racecar.  It's upgraded up to wazoo though.  Still so, turbo and
even
> stock twin turbo 20b's can reasonably make 500-700hp with new seals,
> porting, and computer.  Want one? :)
>
> Regardless, this HP level is rather inappropriate for the
Delorean.  I'm
> still stock at 300hp, and I think it's already as much as the car
can
> handle without substantial suspension and braking upgrades.... YOU
KNOW