[DMCForum] Re: The official-unofficial Fridge Run time line

[DMCForum] Re: The official-unofficial Fridge Run time line

> Rich, a little Samuel folk lore for you:  His family isn't
> into shortened versions of names.  They like to be old
> fashioned and pronounce all the syllables.  Sam-u-el, his
> brother Wes-ley, his other brother Wil-li-iam and his
> grandpa Lawr-ence.  Not Sam, Wes, Bill or Lor.  :-)

I dont mind Sam at times, I just prefer Samuel :)

> It looks like Sam-u-el's passenger side TAB had previously
> broken and been driven around that way.  The underbody has a
> few scratches where the end of the trailing arm rubbed it
> several times.  The TAB on that side looks like a hardware
> store special they cut down to fit.  They put the alignment
> shims on the wrong side of the trailing arm, so the
> alignment was completely off.  I noticed the rear wheel was
> cocked too far in the first time I saw the car.  Once I got
> the TAB out, I noticed that two of the big washers were
> missing.  So I just said, "phuque it" and put it back like
> it was until he gets the missing parts.

And those parts should be on the way soon. And I was looking so
forward to driving the car. At least the following list has been done.

Recrimp new ends onto front fans (had to find the right wire ends,
wires were butchered)
Replace steering rack boots and tie-rod ends and oil rack
New vacuum hoses
New coolant bottle + bleeder kit
Removal of almost all carpet, cleaned carpet well to remove odor
Removal of AC system and cleaned to remove odor (rats nest in AC fan
and system)
Cleanup of driver and passenger seat rails so seats are usable
Oil of angle drive so it turns
Replacement of angle drive cable
Fix oil leak on driver side behind AC pulleys
Replace AC pulley bearings with new ones
New heatshield and brackets

Todo:
Trailing arm bolts (major)
Replace wheels (dont like the age look of them)
Clean up fuse panel
Scrub fiberglass interior down and put carpet back
Put AC system back in
Get driver window to be all the way up, or cut hands up putting
window motor in, or hope weekend doesnt rain (if car can make it)
Fix any issues found after I start driving it (only driven 2x due to
steering rack not having oil and trailing arm bolt on passenger side)
Replace burned out lightbulbs or find out why part of brakes and turn
signal dont work
Put some new hand-brake pads on (want to put all new brake pads on
and plan to do that when I do the calipers which are still in a box
along with stainless steel brake lines).
Get rest of interior back together so I have more room to put things
in the garage.

So now I hope you read thru all that to read this question. What type
of pads/specs do I need for the parking brake pads? Would like to
throw some on the car as it makes for an interesting time jacking the
car up on a slant with just the transmission holding the car.

Samuel