Re: [DMCForum] Re: Ugh! Whacked a *@$%&% pothole hard.

Yeah, what Rich said :-)

Probably the weakest point on the front suspension is the
lower control arm.  Check that it hasn't cracked & bent.
Also check where the sway bar attaches to the crumple tube.
If your car is lacking the recall then maybe the crumple
tube finally oil-canned too many times.  (Oil canning is the
way the sheet metal flexes in and out.  Eventually the metal
can fatigue & crack.)

But really, I suspect that you have a bad shock absorber.  A
tell tale sign sometimes is you will see it leaking oil.

Walt