Re: [DMCForum] Re: Jim's Air Filter

Hey Bill,

Not arguing your capabilities, but you were the one just saying something
about numerous immobile cars in your driveway...

Regarding the air filter, I should have been more specific.  My filter is
in the corner of the engine bay, open to the free air, so it is pretty
accessible to dirt.  The stock filter is more protected and probably gets
dirty much slower.

Regardless, there does seem to be a lot of particles floating around my
engine bay.  Some of this is bound to get sucked into the air intake.
It's only been 5000 miles with that air filter since new, and it was
severely filled with muck- enough to significantly depreciate the peak
HP.

Jim

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:05:16 -0000 "content22207"
<brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Um, not to be particular, but:
>
> In the very recent past I was called every automotive adjective
> EXCEPT
> capable.
>
> Yet I DO change my air filters...
>
> Seriously folks -- for every gallon of gas consumed, an internal
> combustion engine consumes something like 10,000 equivalent gallons
> of
> air. Clean air filters are major league important.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland
> <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > I also noticed that my intercooler pipes were collapsing when I
> revved
> > the engine.  bizarre, I thought.  I talked to my rotary friend, he
> > suggested i check the turbo and the air filter.  Come to find out,
> the
> > air filter was so blocked up that it held water when I was
> cleaning
> it.
> >
> > It's a k&N so i got the kit and cleaned it.  Wow, what a change in
> > performance.  Got back all the HP I've been losing over the past
> months.
> >

> > I suggest everyone look at their filters now and again...
> >

> > Jim

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

To visit your group on the web, go to: