while tightening nut and swung too far). Is melted &  burned on open
and box ends. 800 amps is nothing to fool around with.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Andrew & Rich are exactly right.
>
> On DeLoreans, I connect the negative side first because it
> is towards the back of the battery compartment and harder to
> reach.  By connecting it first, I don't have a connected
> positive cable in the way.  The fiberglass underbody make a
> great insulator, so there is no worry about touching a
> wrench to ground.
>
> On non-DeLoreans, I connect the positive side first.
> Otherwise if you connect the negative side first and then
> slip with the wrench against the chassis while connecting
> the positive side then you could short the battery out.
> 500+ amps going through a wrench will likely melt it.  My
> dad once melted a watch band off his wrist while working in
> an engine compartment -- quite a nasty burn.
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cjeu4l3/M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1072578323/A=1911858/R=0/*http://www.lifescapein
c.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=222&caId=1987> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1911858/rand=615603382>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: