[DMCForum] 2767 Runs again

Well have many failed attempts 2767 completed a 10 mile trip with no
problems requiring me to pull off the road. As far as I know the first
complete drive in 12 years.

However it appears to have developed an oil leak somewhere on the front
(flywheel end) of the engine.  From the top the valve covers area dry and
clean and the heads are dry.  Which makes me think the main seal is almost
gone, it doesn't leak at idle or fast idle.

And this test was conducted with the lambda system disabled, and idle
motor
removed.  According to Dave's engine analyzer it is running slightly rich
and has a CO of about 8%, I remember reading somewhere it should be under
5%.  My next step is to hook up the Gtech and get some base line numbers,
then reinstall and tune the lambda and idle system and get some numbers to
compair.  It's not a dyno run but any significant change will show up.

So now look out for a big I told you so from Bill...

Andrei

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: