Re: [DMCForum] Can Bill read?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:52:23 -0000 "content22207"
<brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> But the engine will still run acceptably with ignition advanced
> SOMEWHAT before that point. Power is reduced, but less pollution is
created.

Since you insist of saying the same thing over and over again, which it
seems you blindly believe but is still absolutely wrong, I've posted some
links and lines from the web.  Coincidentally, they all specify increased
spark advance coupled with an INCREASE in horsepower

1.
"This little gem "advises" the PCM to provide maximum spark advance (1 to
2 degree increase) yet still retain proper knock sensor and engine
function. A 5 to 7 horsepower increase is possible."
http://www.ls1motorsports.com/news.asp

2.
chipping a motor will usually advance the ignition timing, adjust the
fuel/air ratio, and modify several
other highly proprietary and secret things to increase performance.
http://member.rivernet.com.au/btaylor/BMWText/technical/FuelOctane.html

3.
R&D Stage 1 Kit includes R&D 6 degree timing advance kits, 29cc cylinder
head kit, ride plate, Aquavein scoop intake grate, reed stuffers and
power plenum air filters.  The R&D kit not only provides increased
horsepower
http://www.dalesjetsports.com/watercraft/Kawasaki_SXR_800.htm

4.
TST adds power and torque by increasing the injection pulse width time,
and by advancing the timing of the start of injection.
http://www.snowwest.ca/swpd/atsdieselfgmc.html

5.
Cheap horsepower gains:
Advance timing - experiment to see how high you can advance it and not
have pinging.
http://home.pon.net/hunnicutt/50must.htm

Are you going to stop saying this or do I need to post another 5.

Jim

PS BTW raising compression lowers hp.

To visit your group on the web, go to: