Re: [DMCForum] Rob Grady

My friend who spent $17k on his car doesn't feel he had a bad experience
at all. He did aprove the work... he's a perfectionist, and wanted his car
to be the best. He's absolutely tickled pink with his car now... I think
he would have spent twice what he did just to get his car the way he
wanted. His only complaint was the amount of time it took to do the work.
I don't think he had any clue when he sent the car that it was going to be
such a costly and time consuming endeavor though. Just to give you an idea
of some of his expenses, they charged him $1k to "properly" replace the
door seals. This involved looking at the old seals and where they're
broken, filing down the lip they attach to, or building it up if
necessary. To me that's in no way worth paying someone $1k of your hard
earned money to do. But he had no problem with it, because he felt Grady
was the best, and knew what the hell he was talking about.

I guess I just don't get as serious and over the top as some owners do
with their cars. And hey, to each their own... I'm glad we have fanatics
out there keeping their cars pristine. I'm simply warning Jeremiah here
because he IS on a budget... handing the keys to a vendor and say "fix
it!" can end up being a costly decision if he's not on top of things. I
don't know that he can send the car to Grady's on his current budget, and
get all of the things he wants done, in addition to the items that will
most certainly be found to be faulty once the car is looked over
thoroughly by an expert. I'm just trying to make sure he knows what he's
getting in to by sending the car to one of the vendors. He may need to do
what he can himself, save some money, and THEN send it off to one of the
big boys. Yes sending the car to Grady's is the proper thing to do if you
can't do the work yourself. But there is just realities he should be made
aware of before he does so. -Louie

--- "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I personally feel that anyone who has had a bad experience with Rob
Grady is either 1) a Jackass themselves 2) went in the experience
with unrealistic expectations.

I had 6k of repairs done at Grady's just about 1 year ago now. My
car is now exactly what I want out of a DeLorean and at exactly the
right price.

If Rob being a perfectionist is a bad thing, then maybe you should
look into DeLorean-One I hear they're just the opposite of Grady....
Expensive, rude, slow, and poor quality. (that was only half in
jest :P )

Sure, Grady would have gone on forever and ever repairing my car if
I'd have let him. All the guy who spent 17k needed to do was tell
Rob that that's enough. Rob did everything I wanted and more, and
only exceeded my price expectation a little... but I told him it was
okay (put a couple hundred extra on my credit card.... it's the
American way! Here's to you Gee Dubbya Bush)
At any point I could have told Rob "done!" and he would have
stopped... it's not like Rob's gonna do all this unauthorized work
and demand payment. The only unauthorized thing Rob did was fill my
gas tank (and believe I gave him hell about that $14 bucks!!!).

As much as I respect DMCH, DMCenter Garden Grove, and John Hervey
(and all the rest) - Rob Grady is the best there is, you're in Good
hands.

James LaLonde 004009

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cup3pp9/M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1072071292/A=1911859/R=0/*http://www.lifescapein
c.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=222&caId=1988> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1911859/rand=711624785>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: