From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:10 PM
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Oil Filters Made By WIX

Almost every domestic oil filter is made right here in North Carolina
(Gastonia) by WIX. Whatever outside color, whatever brand on sticker,
guts are identical (for that style guts -- I believe WIX makes 3
different). Ask any WIX employee: identical silver canisters come
rolling down assembly line. For a while they get painted orange and
stuck with Fram stickers. Then exact same production shifts to white
with Purolator stickers. Even make generic house brands like Sears and
NAPA.

If WIX filters were so terrible, wouldn't there be dead vehicles all
over US? Probably 99% running one.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, billsfanmd@xxxx wrote:
> Since we are on the oil filter conversation...I too buy my filters
from Rob with the check valve. I never look at the bill (bad habit) so
I am not even sure how much they cost...are the purflux available in
local auto stores or is it another 5 stop journey to find them.

> mike

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cvmqpo5/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071178940/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=936955823>